Speech pathologists are involved in the assessment and treatment of children with communication problems.
How do I know if my child needs to see a Speech Pathologist?
There are a number of key indicators that can help you decide if your child needs to see a speech pathologist. These include:
- Difficulties with pre-language skills, including making eye-contact or facial expressions, gesturing, babbling or imitating sounds
- Problems being understood by others
- Difficulties following instructions at home, kinder and/or school
- Problems answering questions e.g. repeating language back to you
- Problems making and maintaining peer relationships and friendships
- Poor listening skills
- Frustration at not being able to get message across
- Difficulties with producing grammatically-correct sentences
- Word-finding difficulties e.g. getting stuck on words, word errors, making up words
Please note, if you have any concerns regarding your child’s development please contact us to discuss these in further detail.
Areas of Specialty
The speech pathologists at Kids Connect Therapy specialise in the diagnosis and management of children from infancy through to adolescence years of age who have difficulties with:
- The building blocks for communication and language, including engagement, relating to others, imitating sounds and gesturing
- Receptive language development, including understanding of verbal and non-verbal communication
- Auditory Processing
- Expressive language development
- Speech sound development
- Social communication
- Play skills
All speech pathologists at Kids Connect Therapy have an ongoing commitment to enhancing their professional abilities by participating in Speech Pathology Australia’s Professional Self-Regulation (PSR) program.